The Coding Monkey

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pet Peeve

Why do people insist on touching your monitor when they're showing you something on your computer? Use the mouse, or a closed pen... but for God's sake don't touch the screen! You think I want your finger prints all over my monitor while I'm trying to work? Someone was just over by my desk and insisted on touching my monitor about 20 times (not an exaggeration), and now every other word I'm typing on the screen is covered with a smudgy fingerprint. Excuse me while I go get some Windex.

6 Comments:

  • Man,

    I can't tell you enough about that!!!
    This happens to me almost everyday... so much that I have a piece of paper right next to the monitor...
    I couldn't agree more...
    Do not touch my screen...
    :o)

    P.S I hate VB too. Unfortunately I work with it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 17, 2006 5:22 AM  

  • Dilbert Finger Oil
    (Sorry it's a crappy scan but it's all I could find on Google this AM)

    By Blogger Dave O'Hara, at February 17, 2006 7:59 AM  

  • Only mildly annoying with a CRT. Infinitely more annoying with an LCD.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 17, 2006 12:16 PM  

  • Yeah, and while you're at it, don't touch my mouse either. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 20, 2006 12:16 PM  

  • I agree!! Since I'm in software development we do a lot of testing. The screen isn't a touch screen so I can't see why need to touch. I'm just glad they aren't touching me. Well, some I wish would but that's a different story ;-)

    Burns me up...

    By Blogger The Cube Monkey, at March 02, 2006 11:34 AM  

  • I've been accused of leaving smudges on monitors.

    Now that I know how easily it annoys people, I think I'll try licking one some time.

    By Blogger Aaron, at March 03, 2006 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home