The Coding Monkey

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Bench

I ended my last client engagement at the end of December... and so now I'm sitting on "the bench". It's actually nice to have a quiet piece of time to do some training, try to finish up my MCSD, and most importantly to take a breath and gain some distance from my last job in preparation for my next.

I thought I'd mention a few random things as I sit in my new cube:

  • Having a cube next to a window is really cool. Literally... it's winter here and windows offer absolutely no insulation. I'm freezing!
  • The chair I have has two levers on it. One of them adjusts the height of the chair, while the other has absolutely no function whatsoever. Seriously... I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to just get the damn thing to move in one of 6 directions, and it doesn't budge.
  • Being able to experiment on things you've wanted to for a while is definitely an added bonus to the bench... except when you realize how poorly certain SDK's are documented. I think I need to go find some blogs for members of the VSIP team.

1 Comments:

  • Always nice to be compared to my favorite movie... which I reference quite often in both my blogs. And of course, you are are more than welcome to subscribe to my blog (don't need my permission either).

    I did have a cool graphic that Duncan MacKenzie wrote which linked to my ATOM feed... but it seems like that broke. If you check out the right hand side bar you should see a new link to my site feed that you can subscribe too.

    Cheers.

    By Blogger Nick, at January 10, 2006 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home