The Coding Monkey

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Pet Peeve

I absolutely hate, with a vengeance, any website that emails your password to you after you sign up for services with them. Email is not secure you jerk wads! And if I happen to be using Gmail, then that email you sent me, even if I delete it, will probably sit in their cache forever to be subpoenaed by who knows what agency somewhere.

Here's a clue. I just had to type my password twice. I know what it is. You don't have to send it to me.

2 Comments:

  • Well Duh!
    Its not about confirming the password. Its about confirming youve given a real email address!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 19, 2006 8:24 PM  

  • I think you misunderstand the pet peeve. It's not about them sending me an email. Its about including my password in that email!

    By Blogger Nick, at May 19, 2006 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home